Editing requires the reading and close study of a document in terms of language and style so that it remains consistent throughout and gets the right message across. It includes:
- showing where the structure of a sentence could be improved
- suggesting alternate word choices for greater impact
- checking the use of tense is consistent throughout
- correcting any spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
- suggesting changes to paragraph sequences for improved flow
- pointing out obvious errors
Proofreading differs from editing because it is not concerned with the style of the material. Instead it identifies and corrects:
- spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
- incorrect use of capitals
- consistency of grammar
Your website is often the first thing people find when they search for you. Make sure it gives a good impression.
When you’re designing your new website, don’t just think about how it looks. Make sure the words are right and your message is clear. A single typo can distract the reader from your content.
Special package price: Proofreading of 5 web pages, each up to 300 words, for only $125.